Umm, WTH is this?!?!?! HeLP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1FatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was doing a water change today and noticed a two greayish white "balls" in mt tank about 4 inches apart from eachother. They are small (about 1 - 1.5 inches in diamter) and have white fuzz on them that kinda looks like mold? What is it?
I currently have 6 neons and 1 catfish in the tank.. HeLP!
They are laying next to a peice of driftwood and some plants kind of in the shade..

This is a 55gal tank..

TIA,
Richie

1FatFish....

Probably some uneaten food or other organic material that has an aquatic fungus like Saprolegnia growing on it. You should be able to simply vacuum them out...problem solved! :D

Agreed. Things fungus up *very* quickly under water. This is almost certailnly what's happened here.

Ahh yes, thank you all for the help... I removed them, and it was uneaten algae wafers that my catfish failed to finish.. Damn, I thought he loved those things.. Guess not :+)

Thank you all..
Richie

I find that they lose interest in algae wafers that have lost their rigidity. After a few hours, the wafers get ignored by my catfish. Make sure to feed fewer at a time, and check that they're being eaten.

Back
Top Bottom