Underwater waterfall !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leggey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am making an underwater waterfall and so am asking for some advice on what materials are best to use ? And help would be great thanks. Heres what I have done so far

image-3728880533.jpg

image-113519515.jpg

Oh I see. How does the sand pump to the top and wouldn't that make your water pretty cloudy?

awesome. be sure to post a pic/video when its up and running!

What are you planning to use the concrete for, to cover the foam? Most folks I have seen do this type of project will just glue moss to the foam and paint it to look like natural rock, and it can then be siliconed into place.

This guy has 2 of my favorites by the way if you can emulate :)
Aquarium Sand Waterfall - YouTube

WOW I had never seem anything like that ! Beautiful <3 I have to have one now !

Has no one done this before ? I need to know what brands are best to use ? Concrete or fibreglass ? What paints are safe to use ?

leggey said:
Has no one done this before ? I need to know what brands are best to use ? Concrete or fibreglass ? What paints are safe to use ?

Did you not see my questions?

Sorry no :s but have now :) yeah use the concrete to cover it then remove the poly as I have been told it rots after a while and its going in a tank that's already set up so can't silicone it in

Oh that will make it immensely more difficult - setting up with the tank running.

You can use just about any concrete - once it sets the risk to the tank is minimal. It will be tough to get the foam out after without cracking the concrete so I would lay it on thick to provide some stability.

As for paint, A lot of folks use the small paint cups you can pick up at hobby stores. Again once it sets and dries the risks become minimal. To get the natural look I have seen a lot of people use moss and sand and glue that to your base to really make it look natural. You can use clear silicon to bond things to the concrete. Just make sure it doesn't have any mold inhibitors or additives and it will be aquarium safe.

Autumnsky said:
Concrete will have big effects on the hardness of your water.

I don't think it will as long as it is set before adding to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom