Uneven Base-Floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbarr

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

I noticed recently after setting up my 10 gal. that my floor seems to be uneven. The water slants to the right, and the water on the right side of the tank is about a few millimeters higher than on the left.
This is my basement (below-ground) floor, if it makes a difference.
I dont think it's that much of a problem for my 10 gal., but I was wondering if this unevenness would be a problem for say, a 90 gal.

I want a 90 gal. this winter-season, and I'm worried the uneven floor will cause problems.

Will it break easily or anything due to the uneven floor? Can I just counter-act the slant by placing something under the stand?

Any help appreciated

Most definitely Jbarr. The larger the tank, the more stress that is placed on the joints. This is the major contributor to leaking tanks. Fortunately it easily corrected using shims.

What s the flooring in the basement? is it something flat over cement? or is it wood? if it is cement it wont break, but the unevenwater line will be annoying.

and all the fish will slide... ;)

Shims? Enlighten me.

Very good to hear it is correctable though, phew. I'll have to be certain of doing that.

Back
Top Bottom