Uneven tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCieParagon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just moved today and transferred my fish from my 10 and 5.5 into a 20 gallon tall tank. I wanted to put the fish in right away since it was a 45 minute drive from my previous apartment. Now my apartment is carpet which I love, but it never bodes well with fish tanks.

My tank looks like it's uneven from front to back 1/6th of an inch. Is this enough to worry? It's fine from left to right but the back has a higher water level than the front. I'm just concerned and I don't want to stress my fish out more since I've had them all for over 18 months now.

Thanks.

As long is there is water in the tank that is the same temp ph poss salinity as other stuff they will be fine

Fish are people too!!!

As long is there is water in the tank that is the same temp ph poss salinity as other stuff they will be fine

Fish are people too!!!

All parameters are the same but the tank is a little uneven in the front. It's about 1/6 of an inch off. Fish are doing fine although the water is cloudy from settling.

It won't be a problem. Don't even give it a second thought. Fish can't tell the tank is uneven, just don't put a mirror in front of it so they find out. Just kidding but seriously it doesn't matter my sump is an inch off length wise and it's fine

Fish are people too!!!

If it's really bugging you get some rubber carpet pads and shims. You can use the water in reference to trim as a level. . Or download an app as they're actually pretty accurate depending on phone model

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a similar situation. I ended up mounting some small hooks into the studs behind the tanks (two 20's stacked on top of each other) and using some wire to sort of cinch it back so that its not pitching forward.

If it's really bugging you get some rubber carpet pads and shims. You can use the water in reference to trim as a level. . Or download an app as they're actually pretty accurate depending on phone model

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't mind that it's there, I just don't want my aquarium to collapse and break. I don't want the structural integrity compromised.

I have a similar situation. I ended up mounting some small hooks into the studs behind the tanks (two 20's stacked on top of each other) and using some wire to sort of cinch it back so that its not pitching forward.

Mine is pitching backward. I can see opening above the water level in the front, but not the back.

Back
Top Bottom