Unidentified eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DielleGesix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there,

So I have this empty tank on my room, my smaller 15 liters water tank that I moved my fish out of when my uncle gave me his old bigger one. That tank still has a nice setup with plants and everything though. Recently I've been using this aquarium to keep some tiny, grey freshwater snails that got into my tank with some new plants.

Recently however some strange little things have started showing up. They're these tiny (2 by 5 millimeter) clear domes, with tiny pinprick-sized, white forms inside. They are in multiple small pockets on the glass walls of my tank.

Are these maybe spawn of the snails in the tank?

snaileggs.jpg

(this is not my picture, but they look just like this)

Sounds like ramshorn snails.
But, aren't ramshorn shells rather flat? The shells of the snails I have are pretty conical-broad shaped and in all the time I have had these plants (at least a few months) I've never seen a ramshorn in either of my aquaria. And aren't the little domes they put their eggs in brown with ramshorns? These are perfectly crystal clear (except for the white eggs).

The snails are round and flat, yes. I'm probably wrong.
Likely, though I'm not that big of an expert myself. I don't care what kind of snails they are, I just wanted to make sure it isn't some pathogen since I wanted to put something else in that tank. I'm still looking for a hardy species of tiny fish or shrimp that doesn't mind the small space (15 liters). If they eat the tiny snails that's fine, and maybe a water critter to take care of the algae would be nice too.

Any suggestions maybe? (If you don't know that's fine, I could always make an extra page on the forum to ask.)

Back
Top Bottom