Unidentified Swimming Object

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok...it's not an object. It is a fish. This fish was given to me when I asked for three more giant danios to go with the three I already had at home once I set up the 75 gal tank. Ok...I admit the fish looked a little different from the other two, but they were so small it was hard to tell. Well, now this guy looks NOTHING like my giant danios. His fins are even different running almost the whole length of his body.

Can anyone identify what type of fish this is that I have? Obviously whatever he is he gets along with giant danios (since he was housed in the store with them) and BA tetras (since he's been with them for a couple months now). Thanks in advance.

unknownfish.jpg

unknownfish2.jpg

It's a rainbow fish of some sort for sure...Maybe a New Guinea Rainbow judging from the lines.

Australian Rainbow. It's a male too. Be prepared. Mine in my 55 gal are approaching 5 inches. Congrats! :D

Thanks all! I'm glad to have him identified! He is no longer the giant danio who is not! :) I appreciate all your help.

CiRXSi said:
Australian Rainbow. It's a male too.

I don't think it's an Australian, as they have a single predominate line and several faded. This one appears to have equal lines. I'd still go with New Guinea.

Back
Top Bottom