unknown fish deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few days ago i noticed two of my fish fins weren't sticking straight up like they should so i thought they might be stressed and added stress coat to their tank yesterday. When i found them today their fins were shredded could i have a fin nipper? Should i change the water or add something to it now? thanks for the help

kathleen55 said:
A few days ago i noticed two of my fish fins weren't sticking straight up like they should so i thought they might be stressed and added stress coat to their tank yesterday. When i found them today their fins were shredded could i have a fin nipper? Should i change the water or add something to it now? thanks for the help

Don't use medications unless it a last resort.

What is the size of your aquarium?

What fish do you have in your aquarium?

Any sharp decorations?

What are the parameters of your water? Ammonia? Ph? Nitrate? Nitrite.

Don't use medications unless it a last resort.

What is the size of your aquarium?
10g
What fish do you have in your aquarium?
well now i have: 1 beta, 1 glolight tetra(i know he needs a bigger school), 1 threadfin rainbow(she also needs more), 1 african dwarf frog, 1 guppy, 1 mickey mouse platy
Any sharp decorations?
nope
What are the parameters of your water? Ammonia? Ph? Nitrate? Nitrite.
im going to the lfs to get it checked

kathleen55 said:
im going to the lfs to get it checked

You would be better off going to the LFS and buying an API Fresh Water Master Test Kit and doing it yourself. Because when I used to depend on my LFS they were using test strips to "test" my water. Which is bogus because now I know that test strips are inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom