Unknown fish taken over pond.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyhermitcrab

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please help me. Very small livebearers have taken over my outdoor fish tank and pond. I don't mind them. I just want to know what they are. I am not sure if they are mini guppies, or endlers, or mosquito fish. They are about 1-3 cm long. Females are longer and wider then males. Their fry is colorless and it's 1/3 size of guppy fry.

The male is clearly an endler's but the female could be a hybrid. Female endlers livebearers have a golden body color rather than silver. It could be just the picture but that's something I noticed.

Male coloration def looks like a endler but I'm not sure about the female...

I think it looks more like your typical wild-type guppy mix. I have seen similar pictures on the NANFA forum. Poecilia genetic cocktail. That is the color that wild type guppies get.

Last edited:
I think it looks more like your typical wild-type guppy mix. I have seen similar pictures on the NANFA forum. Poecilia genetic cocktail. That is the color that wild type guppies get.

Cool, wild guppies.

Looks like a endler/guppy
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
A hybrid??

Male coloration def looks like a endler but I'm not sure about the female...
Ok.t hanks,

The male is clearly an endler's but the female could be a hybrid. Female endlers livebearers have a golden body color rather than silver. It could be just the picture but that's something I noticed.
There are a lot of them with silver or pale bodies but a few have yellow/gold bodies. DO you want a top view?

How did they get there?

Sent from my iPhone

XD I have no clue.

Endlers it looks to me like
Thanks.

Definitely endlers. Coloration of the female could be due to light, or time of day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom