unplanned power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpellEcho

Aquarium Advice Activist
The power just randomly went out and won't be back on till around 12. My boyfriend and I are both at work till 6. Should I unplug the filter and just let my air stones run? I'm not sure if my filters will start up on their own without me pouring water in them and I'm afraid to burn them out.

The power just randomly went out and won't be back on till around 12. My boyfriend and I are both at work till 6. Should I unplug the filter and just let my air stones run? I'm not sure if my filters will start up on their own without me pouring water in them and I'm afraid to burn them out.

What kind of filter?

Yeah I just don't trust it when I'm not there haha, hopefully they'll be fine till I get there

I just finished cleaning both mine. Plugged em in to test it and yes they started up no problem. They are fairly new though and they are ac 70s

I just finished cleaning both mine. Plugged em in to test it and yes they started up no problem. They are fairly new though and they are ac 70s

Now the power is going to be off till 3, how long will my fish okay with out water flow?

Back
Top Bottom