Unusual 6 gallon stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luananeko

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are some of the most unusual/interesting stocking plans you can think of for a 6 gallon tank? I've been thinking of taking my old Eclipse 6 system and setting it back up and am looking for suggestions.

I'm already well familiar with betta, shrimp, dwarf gourami, endler, or frog setups, so I'm trying to think of setups I haven't tried before just for a change of pace :)

Scarlet badis, dwarf orange crayfish (most personality I have seen out of any freshwater fish or invert), and thai micro crabs.

Clown killies
Dwarf puffers
Chili rasboras
Emerald rasboras
CPDs

Scarlet badis, dwarf orange crayfish (most personality I have seen out of any freshwater fish or invert), and thai micro crabs.

I have dwarf orange crayfish in my 36 gallon, I agree! Thats a good point about micro crabs, I've always been curious about them :)

@Azmodan - How many dwarf puffers would work in a 6 gallon? Aren't they kinda messy? The killis are interesting too... The small schooling fish aren't really that interesting for me though... They're pretty, but I'd like some personality!

I have dwarf orange crayfish in my 36 gallon, I agree! Thats a good point about micro crabs, I've always been curious about them :)

@Azmodan - How many dwarf puffers would work in a 6 gallon? Aren't they kinda messy? The killis are interesting too... The small schooling fish aren't really that interesting for me though... They're pretty, but I'd like some personality!

Personality wise the best I know of are the puffers and tje scarlet badis. (And the dwarf crays but you already have them). 2 puffers might work. 1 would probably be best because of aggression. They are messy.

Yeah, 1-2 puffers would work. If it's very heavily planted then you could try two, but otherwise one might be best. As Godfan noted they are pretty messy and also need very clean water. Tons of personality too if that's what you're looking for.

In my 6 gallon ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402245328.204114.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402245352.924288.jpg
But I don't know what kind if plant the second picture features - he likes to hide there on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom