Update-Cherry Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For those of you that responded to my question about the cherry barbs harassing my older cory-here's an update:

I watched one after another tag team her and they kept nipping at her top fin. Out they came tonight and back to the LSF they go tomorrow. I couldn't stand watching that old cory trying to get away. I've had her over 2 years and she was one of my original fish along with 2 rasboras that I still have.

She was the only one they picked on, but they ALL picked on her. One would stop and another would start. It seriously looked like they were hunting her in a pack mentality. She would go up into the Water Sprite and one would go in while the others circled it. Totally strange I know. Just thought you might be interested....From what I understand this is odd behavior for cherry barbs. These are yellow with little red fins, and kind of striped.

Thanks-D

thats crazy . its a new breed called Parana cherry barb lol

HA! Little stinkers. They are pretty, but not worth it. It was really, really strange behavior to watch. I have so many fish that one would get distracted and another one just take it's place. My little old cory is happier now; I wondered why all of a sudden she was always hiding in the water sprite plant!

Back
Top Bottom