Update: GBR & Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. My GBRs are doing great! I have 6; I have a pair that I bought from a guy on EBay and 4 that my LFS ordered in for me. They are beautiful. Their colors are just starting to come out.

The Assassins have done a great job of getting rid of the majority of the Malaysian trumpet and pond snails. I still see a few, but nothing like before. It only took 4 of them 3 weeks in a 36 gal. I kind of helped out with the pond snails by squishing some on my plants.

It's interesting that you can't see my angels since they're the biggest fish in the tank!

Attachments

• Tank 12614.jpg
    Tank 12614.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 75
The tank looks great. :) Glad to hear you are having good luck with the GBR. I hope your luck continues. They really are a very attractive fish.

Good looking tank Dream.
What are the plants in the front that are carpeting? Micro swords or Crypt parva? They are sure doing well. OS.

Did your rams eat snails? My new gbr just housed a massive pond snail! It was crazy..

No, I don't think so. I moved a moss ball one night and there were a bunch of baby pond snails under it. One of my Angels ate them, but I've never seen any of the GBRs eat them. I wish they would. I don't mind the Malaysian Trumpets but don't like the pond snails. They're just too prolific! Unfortunately the Assassins eat the MTS first I think.

I was mistaking, he was just playing soccer with it! 3 hrs later it's moving again, I could have sworn I caught him eating it!

Back
Top Bottom