Update on 75gal planted discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NexVobis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I've had this pair of discus for about 36hrs now. They seem to be fine, they look healthy and are now exploring the tank. They seem to be enjoying the frozen blood worms. Water parameters are good ammonia and nitrites are 0 and my nitrates gradually went up to 5ppm. Performing a 30% wc today when I get home from work.

Attachments

• image-828205709.jpg
    image-828205709.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 108
I've added 12 black neon tetras to my tank. Discus come out now more than before but still a bit shy. Also added another heater to my tank now that it's way more cooler at night, woke up to 78 degree water, noticed my Discus color went dark. Now just waiting on them temp to get to where it was before.

Sounds like your coming along. Are you planning on getting more discus or just having the two?

Nice discus! i was just in my LFS and it was discus galore! I Would love to make a discus tank. maybe next build. rams first, lol

Thank you guys. I will be adding more Discus. I want at least 5. Yeah it's my first time keeping these beauties. Ah yeah rams! They have beautiful markings as well. I plan on getting 3 to 4 rams

You could add up to 4 rams but it would be best to get a pair. There will be much less bickering with only 2 and if they spawn one pair will be enough to deal with. Make sure you plant your tank as heavily as you can. It will be good for both the ram and the discus.

I got 4 swords in mid ground, in the back I got 3 bunches of ludwigia spread out evenly and on my driftwood I have anubias.

Everything looking fine. Temp finally stable and my discus look happier than ever. Swimming throughout the tank. Black neon tetras love the upper portion of my tank and look nice and healthy. Although my rams look healthy as well, no gasping, injuries and been eating well seem to be a bit timid. Always hiding under my drift wood orifices. Normal or should I keep a closer eye on them? Temp 83, nitrites 0, ammonia 0>.25 and nitrates 5>10

Slowly adding more plants, currently added java moss to my sump and next wc is tomorrow because I know rams are delicate on those nitrates

It's pretty normal when there are larger fish in the tank. Once they feel secure they will come out more and as long as they are eating don't worry, they just need time.

Ah ok. Thanks. I've read about them but didn't really read on that. It's my first time keeping rams and discus.

Here's some new pictures.

Attachments

• image-1395433991.jpg
    image-1395433991.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3957912099.jpg
    image-3957912099.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image-2002641706.jpg
    image-2002641706.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 39
Back