Update on glofish fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
So here are some pics of the glofish fry that I had back on April 4th. They are getting really big. They are in a cycled 10 gallon using a 10 gallon sponge filter so none get sucked up. It is a mixture of older ones and some I started putting in there my new way.
After I got situated with the fry tank I noticed my glofish breeding every morning so I found a way to grow them easy. I vacuum out the gravel the day the eggs are laid, my gf holds a shrimp net over the bucket and it catches all the eggs. I put the eggs in a Tupperware container until they hatch and then I pour them into the 10 gallon once they've all hatched. I did this several times until the first born fry started getting big enough to harass and try to eat the newborns. I had about 150 at one point now I have about 75. Here's some pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 450
Here's some more pics. Didn't go through first time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 852
can you tell me what the eggs look like? i've had my glofish since october and i haven't seen any eggs or fry.

How does the coloration work? For example when reds breed to reds I assume red, but happens when red breeds with green or red breeds with orange what does that yield, I could potentially see albino from those examples since the introduced genes are unique to each color.

How does the coloration work? For example when reds breed to reds I assume red, but happens when red breeds with green or red breeds with orange what does that yield, I could potentially see albino from those examples since the introduced genes are unique to each color.

Interesting..I only heard about breeding glofish a few times. It seems you got lucky and you have good system. How do the colorations differ between them?

I will post a pic of the eggs.

And as for the coloration, It is sposed to be that you have to have a female of one color and a male of the same color for the baby to come out that color. So if they mix they come out as a regular Zebra Danio, not a glofish. But in my case i have 2 green adults, 2 red, 2 orange, and 1 purple. So that would mean i should not be able to have any purple fry. But i have quite a few purple fry. The colors do not mix but from my experience Im pretty sure the male is the dominant trait and it can fertilize an egg of any color and make its color. But i Do have a few regular zebra danios.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 2,076
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 229
That is so cool!!! I had, HAD, 6 glofish at one time but someone ate them! :nono:
Too bad because I would have like to have had baby glofish! Keep posting pics as they get bigger.

Ok I will.

Oh another thing about the eggs. You can see what the colors will be before it even hatches. You can see a round ball of red, green, or orange in the eggs. Pretty cool.

That is awesome! Now I'm wishing I had glofish again! They'll be fun to watch! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

Back
Top Bottom