Update on my tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have solved my aggressive danio problem. I picked up 4 little fellas on saturday, bringing my count up to six. Although it was a bit awkward buying them, I was in a dress and heels (having just come from a friends party) but oh well :).

But a danio died today :(, good thing there is still 5. Also are mystery snails known for having large bioloads? Mine poop A LOT. I'm doing more frequent water changes but its still a bit dirty in the tank.

Alsssooo I saw a fish at my LFS when buying the danios and fell in love, a bumble bee catfish. Would one do well in my tank?

I have solved my aggressive danio problem. I picked up 4 little fellas on saturday, bringing my count up to six. Although it was a bit awkward buying them, I was in a dress and heels (having just come from a friends party) but oh well :).

But a danio died today :(, good thing there is still 5. Also are mystery snails known for having large bioloads? Mine poop A LOT. I'm doing more frequent water changes but its still a bit dirty in the tank.

Alsssooo I saw a fish at my LFS when buying the danios and fell in love, a bumble bee catfish. Would one do well in my tank?

What all do you have in the tank? Bumble bee catfish are amazing but hide ALOT! They also indescriminatly eat anything that they come across and can fit in there ginormous mouths! And it wont matter how much you feed them. I had 2 or 3 eat somewherr around 100 rcs while I was on a one week vacation. They also ate some scarlet badis and ember tetras lol

i have 2 bumblebee catfish in my tank. they are very cute looking in the store but that will probably be the last time you ever see them. :) mine NEVER come out of hiding during the day when the lights are on. i sometimes catch a glimpse of them if i sit in the room with only a small lamp on after i turn the aquarium lights off. agree totally with Godfan that they will eat a great amount of shrimp. i buy them ghost feeder shrimp from time to time, 50 at a shot, and they will eat them all within a few days. i've had mine for about 2 years and the last time i saw one it was about 4" long. big fish. if i had to do it over again i would leave them at the shop.

Hm they disappear a lot? In that case I'll rethink getting them. Oh and the rest of my tank is;

22 gal. 1 dalmatian molly, 5 zebra danios, 2 corydoras.

What would fit?

Hm they disappear a lot? In that case I'll rethink getting them. Oh and the rest of my tank is;

22 gal. 1 dalmatian molly, 5 zebra danios, 2 corydoras.

What would fit?

I would get at least one more zebra and 4 more cories.
Then you could do alot of stuff. What are you interested in?

Four more? Would they really fit? And really I'm interested in anything, but probably something pretty and somewhat active.

Four more? Would they really fit? And really I'm interested in anything, but probably something pretty and somewhat active.

Yes they will be fine. They like large groups... unless you have those monsters that petsmart calls green emeralds....
Check out opaline gouramis, bolivian rams, glowlight tetras, and celestial pearl danios. Tell us what you think of those.

Yes they will be fine. They like large groups... unless you have those monsters that petsmart calls green emeralds.... Check out opaline gouramis, bolivian rams, glowlight tetras, and celestial pearl danios. Tell us what you think of those.

Okay, I'll look into getting more. I do like those fish, but my LFS is petsmart...so not many choices.

Back
Top Bottom