Upgraded from 20 gal to 55 gal today...filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laurieb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey folks!
I just moved my 2 goldies to their new 55 gal tank today. I set up a new AQ 110 and put the original AQ 50 and Biowheel 100 onto the new tank. I also transfered all the gravel, plants and a good amount of the water.

Well now I have 2 issues. First, the intake on the biowheel is too short and I cannot find an extender for it. So it's not running. The wheel is in tank water to save the bugs. Second issue is the top of the 55 is wider than the 20 so the AQ 50 is a super tight fit and I can't level it to get proper flow. It's running but not optimally.

Should I just ditch the 2 old filters and put the media in the new 110? Or I could get another 110 or similar and put the established media in it? Not sure what to do. I just need to ensure that I keep my cycle...obviously.

Any advice?

you can just run the ac 110 on it solo or sell the other 2 filters you have and get another 110 . goldfish poop alot though so i would go with another 110 when you have the chance

Thanks guys! I managed to get the 2 original pumps going enough to get by till I can get another 110 or a fluvial AND a python. Holy crap was that alot of buckets!!!

Keep the old filters running for at least a month to give the new one time to build BB.

Back
Top Bottom