upgrading tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin83

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I'm getting a 20 gal today and getting rid of my 10 gal.. now my question is can I drain the water from to 10 gal into a bucket and put the fish in the bucket

And put the gravel and decor in the new tank and put the water and fish in the new tank then... add the filter and heater.. and be ok.. thank again

When we moved hear, I had a pink Kissing gouramis. We put her in an ice chest with tank water and left. Once we got hear, we were going to set her up. But, there ended up being a communication error about the closing of our house. She ended up living in the ice chest for a week before we could get her tank set back up. She lived at least 6 years after that. That fish lived like 10 year total.

Justin, filter media... keep it moist and use in new setup. Add more water, it will be like 50% pwc in a way since you are doubling capacity. Make sure added water is temp matched pretty well, you should be up & running in no time :)
Also make sure your heater is capable of running in bigger tank, or you need to get a replacement. If you have a new filter, you either need to add existing filter media, or run the old filter alongside for a couple of weeks.

Anyone? :(

Anyone know where I can get a tank cover that is 23.25in.x12in? PLEASE, I have a 20 gallon tank with a light but no cover. :(

Ok sounds good ... yea that's all I was wasvplanning on was moving everything over to the 20. Gal... thanks

Back
Top Bottom