Upgrading tanks--any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbaboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm upgrading my 10 gallon to a 25.
I'm planning to make this a planted tank with cardinal tetras + cherry shrimp. (but then again this isn't final)

Any other fish you guys recommend?
With my 10 gallon i was limited but with 25 it opens possibilities (maybe saltwater clownfish) or something?
I'm basically looking for something other than guppies (I'm getting tired of those)

Cherry barbs are nice and bettas actually do really well in planted tanks belive it or not.. Get a nice super delta betta or a halfmoon or something.. If you wanted to try saltwater ill be honest with you If you dont have experiance with it Do yourself a favor and get somthing much larger Bigger is better with saltwater

yeah haha to be honest i had no intentions.. just trying to throw out some ideas.
and yeah cherry barbs seem nice! ill definitely keep an eye for them in my lfs

oh yeah btw. I'm not looking for aggressive fish. i want peaceful maybe shoaling fish like tetras. i got tired of guppies trying to mate 24/7

oh yeah btw. I'm not looking for aggressive fish. i want peaceful maybe shoaling fish like tetras. i got tired of guppies trying to mate 24/7

Cherry barbs are a non agressive barb
Gold barbs and rosy barbs as well

Maybe some mexican mini lobsters?

I like them alot haha

Cant go wrong with some serpae tetras or black phantom tetras too!

I like the effect red fish have with an all green planted tank

I have a 20 and my dwarf gourami loves it, also I personally think german blue rams, or actually any rams, are BEAUTIFUL! so DG and GBR defs, :dance:

No to the Mexican crayfish because they will devour your cherry shrimp very quickly but for some bottom dwellers get some otto catfish. Very peaceful algae eating catfish that stays 1 in or less but need an established tank so wait at least 6 months before you get them. For the final stock I say 6 cardinal tetras 3 ottos 4 scarlet badis and around 10-20 shrimp to start your colony off. This stock should be peaceful and not make the tank look too empty or too full.

Cherry barbs are a non agressive barb
Gold barbs and rosy barbs as well

Maybe some mexican mini lobsters?

I like them alot haha

Cant go wrong with some serpae tetras or black phantom tetras too!

I like the effect red fish have with an all green planted tank

I meant mating wise. Guppies and the red barbs would always harass the females and im looking for something else haha! Thanks for the suggestions!!!

No to the Mexican crayfish because they will devour your cherry shrimp very quickly but for some bottom dwellers get some otto catfish. Very peaceful algae eating catfish that stays 1 in or less but need an established tank so wait at least 6 months before you get them. For the final stock I say 6 cardinal tetras 3 ottos 4 scarlet badis and around 10-20 shrimp to start your colony off. This stock should be peaceful and not make the tank look too empty or too full.

Yes haha. I definitely agree with you. I want my tank to look very peaceful and have the perfect balance

Back
Top Bottom