Upside down cat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I just bought one of these ya I no they school but the store tag did not say that for some reason and they only had two or three. But he seems to be loving his little cave he found.
Anyways, what are your guys opinions on them and how do you make sure they eat and what do they eat. I'm just gonna go with flakes, bloodworms frozen, algea wafers maybe. Lol might be a stupid question but can he eat things off the bottom of the tank?

Yes, he will scavenage around the tank once the lights are off at night and eat any leftover food from the bottom of the tank. They're really cool fish. Don't have any currently but have had some in the past. They do prefer to school and would be better in a group - 5 or more would be best, but a small school of 3 would be ok. I prefer Hikari foods....mico pellets, sinking wafers, algae wafers - ocassional frozen brine shrimp for a treat :) I believe if you go onto the Hikari website they'll send you a sample.

themartins said:
Yes, he will scavenage around the tank once the lights are off at night and eat any leftover food from the bottom of the tank. They're really cool fish. Don't have any currently but have had some in the past. They do prefer to school and would be better in a group - 5 or more would be best, but a small school of 3 would be ok. I prefer Hikari foods....mico pellets, sinking wafers, algae wafers - ocassional frozen brine shrimp for a treat :) I believe if you go onto the Hikari website they'll send you a sample.

Isn't bloodworms better nutritionally. And I feed it more then a treat right now as I'm trying to get some breeding done. But how does he eat off the ground I haven't seen him normal yet

i had one also. put him in the tank and saw him maybe twice that next year, except for the times i did a water change, every time i did a water change he started floating around like he was dead, a few minutes after the change he was hiding again.

i never saw him eat so im assuming he was scavenging at night.

I found his cave that he likes to hide under, I go to try and get a fake lillypad thing to break the light for the gourami to. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom