Upside down catfish gonna be floating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stingrays4 said:
Hi thats great news:) Wonder what caused it though?

Read some stuff online. Some say he could have eaten too much. If there was a lot of un eaten food he have just eaten it all. That's what a lot have said. If it was a parasite I don't think it would have gone away in less then 24 hours. Maybe just ate a lot and needed time to digest.

Hello all, sorry that I am late to this party! But, heres my thought, it sounds like either conctipation or gas. If he was floating or having a hard time staying down, they it could have been gas. Otherwise, it was indeed probably contsipation. :) It happens sometimes when fish gobble up too much food. I amglad it resolved itself though! You are correct that if it was a parasite, it would not have just gone away in such a short time. If it ever happens again, you can try fasting the tank for a day or 2, otherwise you can isolate the affected fish and feed him a pea. :)

Hi yes sound like it had a 'gas' problem,i wonder if the catfish had gulped allot of air down taking food from the surface? Just a thought?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom