Urgent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an extremely aggressive female platy who is about three weeks pregnant.... She wont stop harrasing one select platy in my tank, and I am afraid the bullied fish with die from stress if I dont do something, so I called my lfs and asked if they would be willing to take her off my hands, and they agreed. We made arangements to drop her off tommorrow at 4:00 pm.. I just am worried (hey what else is new) about a couple things. Here we go.

1. Is it dangerous to transport her when she is pregnant? I already made arrangments with the lfs, and I desperately need to get her outta here. I dont have any other tanks....

2. I dont have the plastic bags they use at the store, so what can I use??

3. I hope the Lfs doesnt think I am stupid cause I am dropping off a pregnant fish in a tubberware container, and I look like a complete idiot and newbie.... GAD, am I right? :hide::facepalm::hide::facepalm:

1: the most common risk while transporting pregnant platies is the female dropping fry early than normal, it shouldn't harm the fish if its a short transport

2: we've transported platies it plastic bags before. Anything that isnt soapy or scented will be fine.

3: it doesn't matter what your lfs thinks of you if its in the best interest of your tank and pets. Always do the humane thing even if people judge you. You likely know more about the fish you keep than the pet stores

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

It doesnt matter what the LfS thinks of you lol...

I come in to mine at least every other week with a five-gallon bucket and some fish. He know when i walk into the store that i want to get rid of something.

It all about what you need. If you meed to get rid of a fish due to aggression, perfectly valid reason! Any fish can be aggressive!

I sometimes just get rid of nice fish because i don't like the personality. Thats basically no reason. So dont feel timid lol...

As for transport- anything that hasn't been treated by chemicals. Glass jars, buckets, tupperware...

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What fish do you bring in, fry or something?

My parents bought a fire eel for a 30 long with endlers and small guppies ect in their. You can guess how that turned out.

LFS looked at me like some kind of criminal lmao, when one fish eats $20 worth of others and the place sold it to them knowing it wouldn't go with the tank mates and would outgrow a 30 gallon in no time.

Back
Top Bottom