[URGENT!!] Peppered Cory Lying on side @ bottom of tank. Breathing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
HELP!

One of my Cories is lying still at the bottom of the tank. It isn't moving much, and the other cories are doing alright. However, this one is just lying still at the bottom. I'm pretty much freaking out right now. What should I do?

45 Gallon

3 Peppered Cories

2 Neon tetras

6 Rummynose

2(Breeding GBR)

I am aware of small school sizes, have not gotten around to buying more fish (sorry fishies xc)

Getting water conditions now...

HELP!

One of my Cories is lying still at the bottom of the tank. It isn't moving much, and the other cories are doing alright. However, this one is just lying still at the bottom. I'm pretty much freaking out right now. What should I do?

45 Gallon

3 Peppered Cories

2 Neon tetras

6 Rummynose

2(Breeding GBR)

I am aware of small school sizes, have not gotten around to buying more fish (sorry fishies xc)

Getting water conditions now...

Need to know more about your tank first.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Doesn't matter what it is, do a water change, if anything it might help whatever the problem is.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Tank is moderately planted with Java Moss, Amazon Swords, Mystery plant that resembles moneywart? (I've had this for a loooooooooooong time from petsmart) and some crypts. water is at around 78o F.

Running a Fluval 306

Water params are 0/0/5-20~.

Doesn't matter what it is, do a water change, if anything it might help whatever the problem is.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I totally agree with Coolguy, do a WC immediately after your able to get the water perameters. But the values are all within normal limits then you know it may be either parasitic or just a fish you cannot save.

I totally agree with Coolguy, do a WC immediately after your able to get the water perameters. But the values are all within normal limits then you know it may be either parasitic or just a fish you cannot save.

It also could just be from stress of the undersized school.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It also could just be from stress of the undersized school.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Idk that it's the school. Might just be the quality of the stock. I originally bought 5 from petsmart @ 1$ each and they've been dying off :( My 2 Neons were more expensive but have been through a LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being from a chain store it's definitely a possibility. It's happened to me with Otocinclus and a Cory one time.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Idk that it's the school. Might just be the quality of the stock. I originally bought 5 from petsmart @ 1$ each and they've been dying off :( My 2 Neons were more expensive but have been through a LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stress could obviously be a factor but when you have a obviously established tank you know these fish aren't dying because of what we have done.

Back
Top Bottom