Urgent! Quick and Easy Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rileymc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all,

So I am getting a 55 gallon aquarium from Petco tonight. I will not be getting any aquipment for it though besides maybe substrate. I will be receiving all the equipment from a company I ordered from probably next week Tuesday.

I am wondering if I should put the water in the tank tonight and just let it sit, or what should I do?

Thanks in advance. Have a nice night.

You can fill it to clean substrate and get to room temp?? As for cycling you'd need an ammonia source and some filter media.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would put water in 24 hours before the filtration goes in, no sooner... but that's just me. 24 hours will allow for dechlorination. Standing water can get funky if left too long.

well if you don't have dechlorinator then you can let it sit. the chlorine should evaporate in 24-48 hours. however you probably need some dechlorinator or water treatment unless you plan on letting replacement water sit out for the same amount of time for each water change.

Most modern water supplies use chloramines which do not evaporate out of water. Need a good conditioner like Prime.

Back
Top Bottom