Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2019, 05:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Urgent!! Very sick fish please help!!

I have a little black moor. He had ich, aka white spot disease, I put the recommended amount of salt in his tank, 3 tsp per gallon (heís in a 5gal quarantine tank) and let the temp bump up to about 27-28degrees. For a couple days the spots were going, he was looking happier and he perked up. This was about a two weeks ago. A couple days ago I noticed he looked a little inactive. His water wasnít very good. I did changes and got it back down to perfect. I have kept doing that most days for the past 5 or 6 days , but heís not looking any better. He is just staying at the top of the tank and not moving (pic below). He looks really sick. Is there anything I can do for him? If not, I donít want him to suffer so what it be more humane to euthanise him? Pls advice really appreciated. I really want him to live, but I donít want him to suffer .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1330.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	311845

Old 01-27-2019, 06:19 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bump your temp up to 30C.

Add an airstone(s) to your tank if you don't have them already. Crank them up.

Do 25% water changes every day with a gravel vacuum.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fisher View Post
Bump your temp up to 30C.

Add an airstone(s) to your tank if you don't have them already. Crank them up.

Do 25% water changes every day with a gravel vacuum.

Iíve done all of that already. I have an air stone, Iíll add another air pump. Anything else?
Old 01-27-2019, 06:56 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are the white spots completely gone?

In the pic it looks like he's trying to get air which is a sign of low oxygen in the tank. So yes more airstones or put an hob on your quarantine tank..... assuming you aren't running one already
Old 01-27-2019, 03:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fisher View Post
Are the white spots completely gone?

In the pic it looks like he's trying to get air which is a sign of low oxygen in the tank. So yes more airstones or put an hob on your quarantine tank..... assuming you aren't running one already

I can see one white spot but Iím not completely sure itís ich. Itís really stubborn and all the others have gone. Will put another pump in

Tags
fish, ick, sick, sick fish, urgent

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com