using hot-glue on aquarium ornaments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princessp714

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found some cute plants but need them to be grounded, my drill is not that great, how do you think it would stand up if I hot glued plastic plant pieces to a rock? do you think the glue would break down? if I glued them and covered it with silicone would that be better? Thanks!

A glue stick and a hot glue gun will work fine under water. That's what I use when I am fixing on the media compartment in my homemade cannister filters. And it's non toxic.

I tried using a glue gun to make some little rock formations and I tested it by putting my creation in an empty fish tank and it crumbled. It was quite depressing lol. So after that I tried using silicone tank sealant which was a horrific experience. By the time I was finished there was silicone everywhere, nothing was holding together and to make any actual progress I have to wait a full day for something to stick. The finished product looked like a kindergarten project massacre. Is there a certain way of doing things?

Back
Top Bottom