UV Sterlizer! Wahoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got one, and it only cost $51 on ebay (which is the cheapest Ive ever seen because shipping is always so expensive).

I'm really hoping this will help with my constant algae problem. Ever since I purchased this tank, no matter what I do.. the water has a green tint to it. I have done EVERYTHING and it only lightens the water, but never completly gets rid of the green tint so hopefully this will help.

I really, really want to get this tank up and running and looking beautiful because in the past it will look pretty for a day or two.. and then something happens and it's back to non growing plants and a green tint

Dang, the listing is gone...What brand did you get, and how many watts? This is for your 75, right? Here's hoping your tank is sparkly clear in short order!!

I have heard of people making a daphnia chamber somewhere along their filtration system and it works wonders on green water supposedly...

If you want you can search the item number- 140019875249

It's a Jebo 9 watt, never been used- seems like a good deal to me (and I hope it is!). Yes, it's for my 75gal- I swear.. it seems like everything goes towards my 75gal! I went ahead and got 9 watts because it supposedly works up to 100gals (Ive seen different things say anywhere from 60-150gals so hopefully a 9watt will be enough).

Sicklid- I have an eheim canister filter... and Im terrified I'd screw something up using a chamber.. but that is an interesting idea

Did that include shipping?

The product is new, and including the shipping it was $50, which isn't all that bad =o)

I have the problem with green algea right now...very very bad...It was to the point that you could NOT SEE INTO THE WATER MORE THAN AN INCH....

In my 150 gallon tank...

I just got my Vortex Diatom XL from petsmart online...I ran it for about 12 hours and it increased visability about 85%....I emptied it completely, replaced the Diatom powder and am running it right now...hoping that it clears up the mess....

I'm going to order a UV sterilizer in the future hopefully...Let us all know how it works after about a week of having it set up.

I will definatly know how it goes, Speakerman!
I tried the vortex diatom powder, and it did help but it didn't clear it up entirely.

I will say, putting my tank back on a timer has helped some, too

Back
Top Bottom