Vacation feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxdaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Next month I will be going on vacation for 7 days. Will my fish be ok for that amount of time? I know a few days is fine. I also have read that the feeder blocks will just muck up my tank. Do I need to find someone to feed them while I'm gone?

I would say they would be ok as long as you don't have fry and you fed them a good bit before oh left.

Vacation Feeding

Next month I will be going on vacation for 7 days. Will my fish be ok for that amount of time? I know a few days is fine. I also have read that the feeder blocks will just muck up my tank. Do I need to find someone to feed them while I'm gone?

Hello Pax...

Here's what you do: A couple of weeks before you leave, feed the fish a little more than you normally do and change 25 percent of the tank water every three days. A couple of days prior to leaving, stop feeding and do a larger water change, half the tank volume isn't too much.

If you have someone who can check on the tank, then fine. But, just have them check to make sure everything is working, don't have them feed the fish. If no one is available, no problem. The fish will be fine and can easily go without food for a week. An added bonus: the tank will be nice and clean when you return.

Pretty simple.

B

BBradbury said:
Hello Pax...

Here's what you do: A couple of weeks before you leave, feed the fish a little more than you normally do and change 25 percent of the tank water every three days. A couple of days prior to leaving, stop feeding and do a larger water change, half the tank volume isn't too much.

If you have someone who can check on the tank, then fine. But, just have them check to make sure everything is working, don't have them feed the fish. If no one is available, no problem. The fish will be fine and can easily go without food for a week. An added bonus: the tank will be nice and clean when you return.

Pretty simple.

B

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good plan. I will do that

Back
Top Bottom