Vacation time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals 7 Day Fish Feeder

Real review.

Great fish feeder!

I went on vacation to Virginia for about 5 days and I have to say that this feeding pyramid did the job quite well and fed all of my fish. This feeding pyramid even left my water crystal clear when I got back and all of my fish looked healthy so I will be using this again when I go away for vacation.

we are only trying to help..

Sometimes meaning of words and thoughts cannot be perceived in the way that they are meant by typing them. No one wants your fish to die, we are only showing passion at our hobby. We see these guys as family in a tank, not just fish. Sometimes we come across as a little to passionate. Feeder blocks are bad because you can't control how much food everyone gets and the paris plaster I think its called they are made of breaks down, clogs the filter, makes a mess and chokes your fish. Thats why a lot of people are against it. We only want to know if you found a feeder block you have used before that doesn't do that. If you have it will be a great find for all of us.

Thanks Oceangirl

I'm a complete novice so my opinion might not count for much but for what it's worth I used a pyramid feeder block, can't remember the brand but sounds similar to what's been mentioned, food encased in a white plaster of Paris type stuff, I dropped one in the tank and was away for 7 days, I came back and all my fish were fine, the water was probably even clearer than when I went, none of this was down to the feeder block though because it hadn't dissolved at all, ok maybe just a little around the edges but was virtually still intact, the fish were in perfect health though so I fished it out the tank (no pun intended) and fed the fish as normal, I think I probably over feed when I'm here so not being fed for 7 days did the tank the world of good and for a while at least taught me to give them less when I'm here, my next trip is for 8 days and I just wonder if I might be pushing my luck with 8 days, any less and I wont think twice in future.

BP

Back
Top Bottom