Vacation time!....But this tank won't feed itself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missbarbie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going away for 2 weeks and need to leave my 36G, minimally stocked (2 baby/juvenile angelfish, 6 juvenile cories, 2 juvenile loaches, a 5inch pleco, and a couple low light plants) Really most inhabitants are all very small at this point. I need a good auto feeder and was thinking of getting a Eheim Battery Operated Auto Fish Feeder. Seems good for 14 days worth of food from the reviews. Would anyone recommend this model or another one?

https://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Feeder-Programmable-Automatic-Dispenser/dp/B001F2117I:pepsi:

Also, will my plants be okay (for the most part) if they are missing their liquid CO2/Flourish dosing for these 14 days?

I would just feed heavy a week before you go and do a LARGE waterchange the day before you go.
No food while gone..Most fish in the right conditions will be fine..
If you use an auto feeder make sure you only have it feed the minimum amount...
Too many stories about feeders screwing up.
I have left my adult fish for 9 days without issue doing as described above...

You could also try just adding black worms or the like. Add a bunch of those and they'll bury themselves in the substrate. The fish will feed on the as they need to. So you won't over feed plus since its live food, it won't rot and mess up the water. I've done this before and haven't had to feed my fish for a long while.

Back
Top Bottom