Veggie Clips - Anyone tried using one of these? (durability)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scarf

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've used the Julian Sprung one and it was not very good. It rusted pretty quickly. We replcaed them with the Seachems and they are great so far. Since there isn't metal, they won't rust. As far as I can tell, it holds the vegs in place. The Julian has less "give". I'm assuming since it has metal springs.

I love my Magfeeder
4291MagFeeder_and_zuc.JPG

It cost a bit more than the suction ones, but it is so sturdy; however, I cannot find who sells them. They used to be a sponsor here, but then left :? If I can find where to get them, I will post.

The fish shaped ones that look like nemo from petco work great! although i had one for about 6 months and it finally broke and i just replaced it....lol, as long as it doesn't have any metal parts then you should be ok. See my attached pic.

Attachments

• bob_eating_zuchinni.jpg
    bob_eating_zuchinni.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 252
My fish break every kind I get it seems. I gave up and use elastics to hold the veggies to rocks, driftwood, or ornaments.

I bought one of the fish shaped clips and the plastic spring broke as soon as I took it out of the package. I was pretty disappointed by that. I'd say try the Seachem clip. :)

I just bought one of the fish shaped ones yesterday, but I forgot to buy a zucchini today. I wonder if this will make my bristlenose come out during the day or if he will just hid upside down under his cave still...

I have the "Sea Veggies Clips" which don't have any metal and seem to be working fine.

nomadofthehills said:
severum mama said:
I bought one of the fish shaped clips and the plastic spring broke as soon as I took it out of the package.

same here!

THat happened to me once, but don't let that turn you off of them.. i took mine back and the one i have now ive had for 3 months. I think sometimes the plastic is fragile.. but sometimes they last pretty good.

The problem w/ the fish shaped ones IME is they only hold/come in contact with a small piece of the food your feeding making it very easy for fish, etc. to tear huge chunks off and make a mess. I use Ocean Nutrition seaweed clips or anything similar in design. FWIW I can get a 2 pack of these for less than $7 at the LFS and each one last atleast 6-10 months before the suction cup gets hard and stops sticking. HTH

Thanks for all the insight and that link.

I ended up buying the Seachem one. I initially found it online, then after realising shipping would cost me more than the item itself, I ended up walking around and found it at a shop.

It has been alright so far, but then again, there's only so much you can tell from using it for a week.

This is how I do it

I clip two vegie clips together to form a weight and sort of a docking food station. It's mainly for my pleco he likes to get on top of it and just munch for hours. Now the clown loach and tiger barbs are getting into it as well. They make for a good anchor both clipped together.

Back
Top Bottom