veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPKeenan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I screwed up and bought the frozen Chinese pea pods. I did however get the mixed veggies.

I took out some peas and carrots. I nuked them, enough to thaw them and get them to room temp, not enough to cook or feel hot to the touch.

I know you're supposed to take the skin off the peas, I did and it sank. Am I supposed to smoosh the peas too, to try to get them to float? Sort of make them into a paste?

The carrot chunk my one Siamese algae eater has been nibbling on for the whole time I have been posting this.

I just wanted to give my guys a treat. I figure if I eat it and the fish will eat it it will be a win win situation. Would love to try to give them some fresh peppers but would be too freaking scared of the "hot" screwing up their gills and such.

At the pet store yesterday, some of their bottom feeders were all over a strip of zunchinni.
Your post made me laugh! The "win-win" situation. ROFL!

I was figuring if nothing else than the SAE in my one tank would love it ;) Speaking of which I should get some more for the other 2 tanks. Just wanted to get the one tank healthy again and the other tank I just finally added fish to (was cycling for my daughter).... got sick of throwing in the ammonia to feed the bacteria after it was already established.

I know folks talk about adding variety to the diet of the tanks.

I bought some dried seaweed for my new babies today. Haven't tried it yet though cause I already fed them. I am anxious to see if they like it!!

I spent the night at a friend of mine's house who lives near a pet store earlier this week. I was looking at the frozen food section and the blood worms. That's what got me all thinking about treats for the fishies.

My one tank all the water params are right but have had about 10 deaths in the past 2 weeks. :(

I feed my BGK blood worms and brine. He prefers the blood worms though. I was reading up on fish and saw that they need veggies too so that is why I got the dried seaweed and some kelp flakes for the loaches. Not too sure about giving any of those to my BGK though. I might try the zuchinni thing with him. At least if he doesn't like that, I can just pull it out and not "fish" around for the leftover seaweed lol!

Blanch the veggies.

zuchs are everyones favorites, even the carnivores love the zuch!

shelled peas, mashed banana even some mango and guava types ie peaches nectarines. Fish really do love fruits and veggies.

I got some sun dried gammarus as a treat.

I know I get tired of the same old same old, so does my cat, and I figure my fish would too.

Back
Top Bottom