very cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mr.pro1987 said:
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 25ppm
Ammonia 0ppm
Ph 6.4
Tank still very cloudy and discus are all hiding and stressed

NitrIte is 25? Do you maybe mean nitrAtes? Or .25? Double check your nitrAte testing method. Follow what it says in the booklet...not on the bottles.

mr.pro1987 said:
Yes. .25 sorry

NitrIte or nitrAte? If there's no nitrAtes that would mean the tank isn't cycled which is hard to believe if it's been set up that long. Double check your testing method. Shake the #2 bottle for a full 30 seconds...and shake the whole tube for a solid minute. Wait five minutes and check the level then.

Might be the fert tabs causing the cloudiness. I used some once and didnt push them deep enough into the gravel and my tank looked like tea for two days. I had to be real careful not to disturb the gravel

Alright good. Now that we've got good test results just keep an eye on ammo and no2. If they start to rise follow the guide I linked before.

It may be from the root tabs like the other poster said, or it could have been a bacterial bloom from removing the rocks. Just keep an eye on levels and wait it out. Good job being so quick and vigilant with this :)

I love my tanks and do wat I can. With the root tab I put them in pretty deep and the water is Milky instead of tea color. Hopefully it clears up soon though

mr.pro1987 said:
I love my tanks and do wat I can. With the root tab I put them in pretty deep and the water is Milky instead of tea color. Hopefully it clears up soon though

Personally I think it's a bacteria bloom from the rocks being removed. Either way you should be good to go as long as you keep your eye on the ammo and no2...good luck!

So it says on the link to also add more air to the water because the bad bacteria is feeding off it and if the bacteria gets bad enough u could lose fish. So with two 50% water changes and water clarifying stuff I still can't see the back of my tank. Hope this isn't going to last long

mr.pro1987 said:
So it says on the link to also add more air to the water because the bad bacteria is feeding off it and if the bacteria gets bad enough u could lose fish. So with two 50% water changes and water clarifying stuff I still can't see the back of my tank. Hope this isn't going to last long

Also a gravel vacuum I'm running out of ideas

Back
Top Bottom