Very Excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aquaclears!! If your going for over filtration, i'd do a 110 on the pentagon and a 70 on the 29. If you just want it about decent, a 70 on the pent and a 50 on the 29. :)

I want beautiful clear water! Will probably go with the 110 and 70! :) Thank you!!!!

Mommaof4boys said:
I want beautiful clear water! Will probably go with the 110 and 70! :) Thank you!!!!

Ya! I love mine. I am like an expert at at fixing them now haha! Whenever mine messes up, i know how to fix it!!

Mommaof4boys said:
Okay, so I need a what hood and what lights? LOL

T5HO's are always awesome! Do you want this to be a planet tank? What kind of lighting did you want to have for the plants? High light, medium light, or low light?

T5HO's are always awesome! Do you want this to be a planet tank? What kind of lighting did you want to have for the plants? High light, medium light, or low light?

I have never had live plants before and would love to try them! I could manage like having to put fertilizer tabs under my rocks for plants but not much more than that, I don't want anything super hard to care for! The plants I like are Anubias and Blyxa Japonica (or something like it) and I'm pretty sure they are low light plants and they don't require any special care! I figure I need to start out as simple as possible since I have never had live plants before.. and I'm not really as worried about the plants as I am the pretty fish! :D

Mommaof4boys said:
I have never had live plants before and would love to try them! I could manage like having to put fertilizer tabs under my rocks for plants but not much more than that, I don't want anything super hard to care for! The plants I like are Anubias and Blyxa Japonica (or something like it) and I'm pretty sure they are low light plants and they don't require any special care! I figure I need to start out as simple as possible since I have never had live plants before.. and I'm not really as worried about the plants as I am the pretty fish! :D

Anubias in a great starter plants, as it requires no special care what so ever. Root tabs are always Great, also some liquid fertilizer would be good as well. Seachems Flourish comprehensive is a good all around liquid fert. Blyxa japonica is a medium light plant. An outdated but (IMO) very BASIC rule is watts per gallon. I think about 2 watts per gallon should be medium light. Some good beginning plants include Anubias, java fern, and all types of mosses.

Back
Top Bottom