Very Impatient

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thaiboxer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, I know that I have to cycle and all, but this is really hard... I'm going through withdrawl. I spent probably 30+ hours last week scrubbing, rinsing, organizing, filling, and decorating my 55 gallon. Now I have my 7 little danios and 1 betta (they all look happy!) in there cycling the tank...

... but I want to DO something!!! I want more fish, I want to get more decorations, I want... this is really hard :evil:

I guess my biggest comfort is that I spent so much money over the last two weeks on fishy stuff that my pocketbook needs to recover :multi:

Just venting, that's all. How do you keep yourselves satisfied while you're waiting?

Thanks all.

Hi,

Well, it could actually be a lot worse - you could cycle without any fish at all which is what a lot of people, myself included did. As with most things in fishkeeping, it's just a big waiting game. How much longer are you intending to leave it before adding more fish ?

The key thing to remember is Good Things Come to Those Who Wait .. :D

I feel for ya ! I started out getting a tank for my oldest son [2yrs] and i got hooked . Now there a tank in every room :roll: i cant help stoping at my LFS everyday to see whats new . Thanks to this site there all healthy :D

I just started the cycle on tuesday, so 3.70 more weeks to go :(

s'okay though, I know that it's better to wait. I'd rather have happy healthy fish!

I just wish my filters would GET HERE so I CAN start the cycle process.
The good thing is I have 2 indoor ponds that are cycled and all I'm going to do is hook up the 2 Fluval 404's to the ponds for a few weeks to get them going.
I know what you mean by ANXIOUS :)
Hubby can't wait to get these fish in the new aquarium.

It sure is alot of fun though..... :lol:

Cool you all are in the same city.

BTW, Thaiboxer

Patients is a virtue that will pay dividends on your tank.

Live & work in Blaine :)

I see you have a scooter (motorcycle)
I just sold my "97 custom sportster" Harley-Davidson this past spring.
I guess ponding/koi /fish in general got the best of me.

I rode for 5 years before giving it up.

5000 gallon pond in Blaine? Don't your fishies freeze in the winter? We're practically neighbors!

I love riding, I've been on motorcycles for about 12 years. Started for 2 years on a little Kawasaki 440, then got my 1000cc Yamaha rocket (way fast), now I decided to tone it down a little and got my great big Victory. I love riding!

pondmom said:
the fish are actually sound asleep (well resting) till spring.
It's now froze over (except for the pump and Diy deicer)

You'll have to stop by for a visit come spring :)

Pondmom,

I'm very interested in hearing about a DIY deicer, could you post about it in ponds, or DIY projects?

We just got 10 inches of snow, and my deicer decided to die on me, so my pond is frozen over, not good. Being in Maryland I'm not too worried that a week or so will kill my fish, it will prolly warm up enough to melt soon.

You got it :)

I'll send you the link (I hope) from where hubby made mine.
I'll also send a pic from todays pond.

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back here.....I was out gravel shopping for the tank. (175# of gravel for 110gal tank) 8O 8O 8O

Sounds great!

I had a fishy crisis last night... my betta and one of my danios swam down the standpipe into the Fluval... the betta is a little beat up, but I rescued them both! Now there's a screen on there so it won't happen again.

Also, my light broke this morning. Went to the LFS to buy a new flourescent, and they wanted $80! Went to Menards, got the same thing with aquarium bulbs for $14. I win! :lol:

Now I'm ready to get cleaned up...

Back
Top Bottom