Very upset, cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy791

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so my 75 gallon is so so cloudy and idk what to do, it has been for a week, I vacuumed, cleaned filter, changed 25% water, everything, I meen it isn't affectin my fish, in all truth my rams just now bred, but a cloudy tank is ugly and idk what to do I want a pretty tank, it's so cloudy idk what it is could it be too many fish in one tank I have alot of fish I it

I don't think its overcrowding. How long have you had the tank? If its new it could be a bacterial bloom. It will pass.

Could you post a picture? Is it more of a green cloudiness or a white cloudiness?

I sometimes get this when I do a water change,and fill tank a bit more than it was. I put it down to a bacterial bloom. It clears up after a few hours

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I sometimes get this when I do a water change,and fill tank a bit more than it was. I put it down to a bacterial bloom. It clears up after a few hours

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 tank maintenance causes this as you lose some beneficial bacteria. When there is new surface area available heterotrophic bacteria try to populate it. It will settle In a few days.

You don't normally notice it unless you do all areas of maintenance at the same time. Gravel vac. Filter rinse and large water change.

Rinsing media or failing to dechlorinate new water may kill bacteria and cause cloudiness.

In tap water? If so that kills all your bacteria. What you wanna do is take old tank water and add it to a bucket and swish your filter in it. That preserves your bacteria

Back
Top Bottom