Video- Chocolate Gouramis, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
I find this species fascinating and just wanted to share a quick video from this evening. They're really shy and I had to approach the tank very slowly to get them to stay out in front for a video. They have been here for a week and seem to be doing well so far. :)

Chocolate gouramis - YouTube

No. We are very lucky to have the perfect water for soft water fish here. We have to buffer with aragonite to keep a lot of our other fish though.

Beautiful fish !! I've never had them what is there personality like ? Di they get along with other gouramis? Is it a good choice for a community fish ?

Wow! They are beautiful. I was considering them for a 50 g but still thinking on it. How many have you got?

Beautiful fish !! I've never had them what is there personality like ? Di they get along with other gouramis? Is it a good choice for a community fish ?
They are quite shy and pretty delicate. IMO they are not a good choice for a community tank. I'd recommend a species setup for them but that is JMO.

Wow! They are beautiful. I was considering them for a 50 g but still thinking on it. How many have you got?

I have 5. They're only here until they come out of QT and then they are going to a new home.

severum mama said:
They are quite shy and pretty delicate. IMO they are not a good choice for a community tank. I'd recommend a species setup for them but that is JMO.

I have 5. They're only here until they come out of QT and then they are going to a new home.

Do you sell them to people on here? Like will they be on your updated stock list?

How would you rate the Chocolate Gourami as compared to other Gouramis? A specie I'm thinking about is the Croaking Gourami.

Do you sell them to people on here? Like will they be on your updated stock list?

I don't have them all the time, but can generally get them. In this case, I had someone ask me to get a group for them, and they are just here until they are ready for their new home.

How would you rate the Chocolate Gourami as compared to other Gouramis? A specie I'm thinking about is the Croaking Gourami.

Croaking gourami (Trichopsis vittata) is much more gregarious and much easier to keep than Chocolate gourami. I've only had the opportunity to keep one specimen so far, but it quickly became one of my favorite fish. The sparkling gourami (Trichopsis pumila) is another great choice for small tanks and may be easier to find than vittata.

Much more gregarious aye? Hmmm, although I love mine (and his blue eyes) to death, he is a shy little fellow. Granted, he is alone in the tank.

That aside, I've always wanted some Choco-ramis but never had the tank to dedicate to them :(

Thanks for the video!

The one we kept was the only gourami in the tank, but he did live with a bunch of espei rasboras and some juvie swordtails. I'm surprised yours is shy, honestly. Ours was the biggest beggar in the tank. LOL

severum mama said:
The one we kept was the only gourami in the tank, but he did live with a bunch of espei rasboras and some juvie swordtails. I'm surprised yours is shy, honestly. Ours was the biggest beggar in the tank. LOL

Yeah, he's a smart little bugger but anytime I come near the tank he flees to the back undergrowth. We will see when I get my tank more densely planted, it's moderate at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom