Video game tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJStaples

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In gonna do a video game theme tank. I was gonna put a couple old controllers on the bottom. Besides removing the guts. Do I have to treat them it's just plastic.

There are a lot of metal parts besides the guts that could rust and cause problems. I am not sure how feasible it would be to seal everything that could potentially rust on a controller. It would be really neat to see though.

If you're talented, you can find fish safe clay and mold a replica of a controller.

In gonna do a video game theme tank. I was gonna put a couple old controllers on the bottom. Besides removing the guts. Do I have to treat them it's just plastic.
Hey. I read a thread recently about this same idea. Try the search tab and you might find it. As well as removing the 'guts' remove any metal screws, you can glue it back together with aquarium silicone. It might be an idea to fill it with wet sand or stones/gravels to weigh it down. Just because it's plastic, doesn't meat it will be safe. You will need to make sure it is air-tight. There is a product you can use for sealing it, like the stuff the TV show 'Tanked' use for their creations. I think it might be called eproxy(not sure??)....

Back
Top Bottom