violet goby "dragon fish"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randy86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any body know anything about them? . Diet.? Max length? Temperature? Breeding? How to sex? I have one that I baught at the lfs and know very little about him. Other tan he is a scavenger can't see and does well with my larger fish but has cause my schooling fish dissapear. Any thing would be helpful

Just found some stuff that you are looking for on Wikipedia.
goggling sometimes is faster and better than asking here i guess.

Are you keeping it in a freshwater tank? It's a brackish fish. I probably wouldn't consider it a scavenger. Gobies can be picky eaters. It will probably prefer frozen foods.

Actually you might hate me for it but he is completly fresh I got him out of a fresh water tank and have kept him that way ever since. Sounds horrible but I just didn't want to rush killing him. That was the first time I have seem one taken care of other than being brackish. I know wal-mart sometimes sales them but I wouldn't dare buy a fish from there it is horrible a department t store should be allowed to have fish at all especially when their people arnt trained up on them

Well I don't hate you for it, but the goby surely does. ;) I would never suggest you kill the fish, just set up a brackish tank for it, or rehome it.

They need large tanks so they can move comfortably, they get very large, and they need a smooth substrate like sand to keep from scratching their bellies. I've done some research on them and plan to add one to my brackish tank once I can move and upgrade it to a 75 or so. Also, I want to be sure my beloved GSP'S are much larger than a dragon goby's mouth...

Back
Top Bottom