Wall Aquariums - Feedback Appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katt_kool

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Dear All

Although I am not a new fishkeeper was not sure which was the best forum to post the question. Although I used to own a couple of aquariums and even bred a few fish in large tanks, it has been a few years and this was in a different country. Now, i wanted to reignite the passion and because of the lack of space in the flat, I am considering either one of the below.

AQUAVISTA || Panoramic Wall Mounted Aquariums

Aquaplasma 150 silver 90L wall mounted aquarium

If any of you have owned it in the past or owned, which one of the two would you choose. Is there any other alternatives that I can source from the UK (yes I live in the UK and in London)

A few of you might think that it might be a nightmare for the fish in such a narrow tank, please be assured that I am looking at only very small fish and ensure there arent many to give them room. The reason I was looking at these is

1.Because of lack of space
2.Have a 2 year old who keeps us on our toes , hence going for the minimalistic maintenace (atleast thats what the above products promise)
3. Be a centrepiece for the lounge with colorful fishes that are smaller and would be more comfortable in the tank.

I agree its a bit expensive but i hope its less maintenance as it comes fully kitted and doesnt take up much space. Also wanted to keep only fish that dont need RO water ie. small colourful fish that would be suited to tap water in the UK. Alternatively, if there is a wider choice for softened water, i might quicken my process to get the water softener unit installed.

Inside the tank, all i wanted is couple of small artificial corals, a couple of natural plants and thats about it. The below would give you an idea of the setup and the accessories of the tank

1 year review of wall mounted aquarium with recommendations - YouTube

Obviously as much as I would love to have the likes of clown fish, because of the above restrictions and my inexperience in maintaining a marine tank ever before, I do not want to embark on that front. So in short, looking for your advice and recommendations for colourful good looking fish that would live in harmony and most importantly would be suited to such a setup.

Your immediate thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you.

Best

I personally dont think those are good for the fish with the lack of space. If i did buy one id go with small freshwater fish that you would put in a 10-20 gallon tank with plants.

Following. I don't have one of these but I think this is definitely an interesting aquarium, and if done correctly, can be a really nice home for small fish. I do not have any experience with marine tanks, but if you are open to a freshwater tank, you still have a lot of options for colorful fish. I love the idea of a planted tank with a school of chili rasboras, or celestial pearl danios. There are lot of species of micro rasboras that would be really beautiful. Maybe a dwarf gourami? They are very neat and colorful as well. I am sure there are others that know way more than I do that can chime in with some good options. Good luck to you! Would love to see pics once you get the tank set up! :)

I've actually seen one of those in a store where I live, and being honest they're really narrow not much space in them at all. But you could probably get away with freshwater micro fish.

honestly i dont see how its going to be much more maintenance free than a normal tank. your still going to have to cycle, and do water changes. auto fish feeders can malfunction and either starve or overfeed and pollute the water. it looks like doing a water change on that would be a pain. i would just get a bigger tank on a stand and stock it lightly with hardy fish. have your kids help you out with feeding and water changes kids love fish tanks. it will be way more rewarding in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom