Wally world tank set up..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turtmid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok, we got a tank kit at walmart. 29gal tank, its set up on the stand and added like 25lbs of gravel, and added water, and the water is now really cloudy even tho we rinsed the gravel really well before we put it in? is this normal? will the filter take care of this?

also.. i read a few other posts on here that talk about getting a test kit from this site.. bigalsonline.com which i assume will take some time to be delivered.. what should we do with the tank in the mean time? should we jus leave it sit? or let the filter and heater run? or empty it all together and start over?

also, could someone give me a more direct link to this test kit everyone talks about? also, anything else i may need from that site with a brief description would be most helpful. in other words. could you all help me make a shopping list? with any things i need from either there or walmart.

Many thanks in advance. :)

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=19383;category_id=2255

It will take a few days to get the kit, and you can let the tank settle down. The cloudiness will go away, as will all the bubbles. Use that time to research establishing a biologic filter AKA cycling your tank. The articles section on AA is a good place to start. If you are going to use ammonia from the hardware store, go out and get it. If you are going to use fish, read this:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomstank/tomstank_files/page0017.htm

You can also use this time to research types of fish, and which fish are appropriate for a new tank versus an established tank, community versus biotype versus species type.

Welcome to AA, and glad you stopped by AA first, before you ran into any difficulties.

so should we start the filter and heater running while we are waiting for the test kit?

yeah, why not. Gives you some time to play and get things figured out... flow, temp, etc...

Absolutely, run the tank with all equipment going for a few days to make sure that everything works and the tank temp stays stable.

Back
Top Bottom