walmart fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do u know if the petsmart on causway has coolie loaches?

No they do not. Rarely they get all black ones but that's rare. The shop called fish 4 stuff on us 41 in Ruskin does. I got 5 from them and 4 are living they are sensitive little guys. Just a warning Hillsborough has bad water so be careful. My tap measures between 3-4ppm of ammonia.

Ok should i get a ammonia remover for my tank and the petsmart on brandon blvd, has blach coolies

Don't buy fish on Wednesday that's when they get them in....they are more likely to die from the stress. And they don't even have a few days to see if they are sick. Just what I do. I like the stripped little guys and the shop on 41 has them. I use amquel plus but will be switching to prime since people rave about it. I just double dose the gallons I use to top off the tank and dose the whole tank volume and not the water change volume (25-30%) and my fish are keeping up... lost one loach died with in 3 days and one red serpae tetra who I bought from petco on a Wednesday and was sick 2 days later 2 other fish I lost to ich/ich med. So it seems to be going good. With what i am using

I've had problems with coolie loaches. They seem to be hard for me to take care of. I'm lucky if they live a year. I do great with eels.

Also, you say the tanks look good. You don't see a lot of stuff that is in tanks. If the fish died of ich and they removed the fish the ich is still in the tank, and it has probably been passed to every other tank on display. In my store they are all connected.

Back
Top Bottom