Want to get rid of guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubyfire

Aquarium Advice Regular
I started out with a guppie...endend up with 2 tank fulls of them(idk how many i have)(well i guess now i could count i dont have so many any more) lol. But now i want to get rid of them so i can have room for different fish. i live in a small town so no pet store to give them to. The closest store isnt to far away but they dont buy or accept fish from people and another the owner just creeps me out so ya. Ive asked my friends and family to get the word out but no one wants guppies.
So my main point is wat should i do cuz i dont just want to flush them.

Thanks

I started out with a guppie...endend up with 2 tank fulls of them(idk how many i have)(well i guess now i could count i dont have so many any more) lol. But now i want to get rid of them so i can have room for different fish. i live in a small town so no pet store to give them to. The closest store isnt to far away but they dont buy or accept fish from people and another the owner just creeps me out so ya. Ive asked my friends and family to get the word out but no one wants guppies.
So my main point is wat should i do cuz i dont just want to flush them.

Thanks

First of all split the males and females up. After that you will have 3-4 months of more babies. Then find a shop even further away or get someone else to go to el creepo :)

i seperated them when i could tell the difference and the females never had babies so i guessed i did it in enough time(have been trying to get rid of some for a year now but finally disided to get rid of all of them) lols and i have tried to find a further away store but idk. ive been thinking of shipping them to people who want them but i have no idea how to do it. just a thought though

Try craigslist, I sold 4 dozen in one afternoon(48 fish however I forget to count the extras) I sold mine 5 bucks a dozen and cleaned out alot of my tank. I still got 2 tank fulls but I got baby angels coming saturday to grow up in the guppy fry tank.

I had them come to me, and I bagged the fish right out of the tank.

This way they can pick and well I did get more then 5 bucks a dozen for that, each customer gave me 10 per dozen due to them being able to pick out the ones they wanted.

Its pretty simple, petsmart gave me the bags, I just use the tank water and an air pump to fill the bags.

Im about to do another add right after thanksgiving, I got a good 15-18 dozen ready to go again.

Thanks but i dont think i can have them pic them out. Other than that i think i can do it.(meybe have to get mom to help)

Back
Top Bottom