want to start planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diazd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello
I want to start a planted tank. Im trying to decide which size to get and the fish will determine that. I either want to have option 1. chili rasboras, celestial pearl danios and shrimp or 2. same as 1 but with the addition on kuhli loaches. I wanna know the gallon size minimum for option1. I know you need at least 20 gal for kuhli loaches. I also wonder if option 2 is over stock for 20 gal. can option 1 fit in 10 gal?

thank you

Dor

Last edited:
option 1 can fit in a 10 gallon, but I would recommend a 20 gallon high.

Lighting is within the same budget ranges between a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon high, but your plant and fish selection is larger, not to mention more water volume.

I would go for CPD's and chili's and shrimp, I've done that in the past and really enjoyed the outcome.

thank you. do you think I can get away with the kuhli loaches? ive always wanted them.

thank you. do you think I can get away with the kuhli loaches? ive always wanted them.

Probably, but I would skip the chili rasbora and go with ember tetra or rummynose tetra instead (chili's are very tiny and are quite shy).

I would also skip the shrimp if going with the loaches, they will likely eat the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom