Wanted: New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's just an idea at the moment, but I'm thinking adding a new type of livebearer other than mollies & platys to my 29g. What other suggestions do you have?
I have 3 adult female mollies, 1 juvenile female Molly & a male platy in the tank.

ocminpin said:
It's just an idea at the moment, but I'm thinking adding a new type of livebearer other than mollies & platys to my 29g. What other suggestions do you have?
I have 3 adult female mollies, 1 juvenile female Molly & a male platy in the tank.

Endlers? Guppies?

Wow I just looked at image results for Endlers and they're gorgeous... Would definitely add COLOR! Can I just get one or do they like friends?

Ameca Splendens or a goodeid. I don't believe they can cross with poecillia or xiphophorus.

I have a male platy... He's going to remain solo...
Thinking of different... Guppies are too common for LFS to want much of I'd think... The Endlers tho are unique and more of a specialty... I'll look up the others suggested also..

ocminpin said:
Wow I just looked at image results for Endlers and they're gorgeous... Would definitely add COLOR! Can I just get one or do they like friends?

I think they do good solo or in groups. Unless you want to breed them, I'd get just males as they're more colorful.

The breeding is the most fun of it all here :) if so, since I read they get to be approx 1", I could do the usual 3f: 1m, right?

ocminpin said:
The breeding is the most fun of it all here :) if so, since I read they get to be approx 1", I could do the usual 3f: 1m, right?

Ya that should work. But they breed like rabbits, just like guppies.

Back
Top Bottom