Wanting some spotted puffers. Set my

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lhuertas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Tank is set up. How long do I cycle? ( enclosed is my turtle tank, including fish)

Attachments

• image-1197613655.jpg
    image-1197613655.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2122740261.jpg
    image-2122740261.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 68
When I started I was asking the same questions. Your best bet is to buy a liquid test kit.. I use the api fw masterkit..and I'm 100 percent positive mostly everyone else on AA uses it also. It could take quite a long time to cycle. I do know there are products onn the market that say they speed up cycle time but I'm still fairly new to aqariums so I'm unsure how true that statment is... I would keep monitoring you water with the kit... also its a good idea (if you can) to get something from an already well established tank to help start the cycle... have you done anything at all to help start it?.. on my newest tank I'm up to my 6th week fishless cycle and its just about over... I just added some fish flakes to the water to start it off and that worked well to get it going.... sorry if I wasn't much help like I said before I'm still fairly new!.... anyways welcome to aa and good luck with your tank and I'm sure someone else will post soon with better info for you

Before you get started, be aware that puffers are brackish fish and need some level of marine salt in their water. They also get pretty big and have really bad attitudes. They're best off in a species tank.

A fishless cycle can take anywhere from a week to months. If you've got established filter media and all goes well, it should be closer to the week end of the scale. Read the cycling links in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom