Wanting to combine tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aimeeo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright, here is what I have:
160 gal: Bala shark, 2 Pangasius cats, 2 Pink Kissers, 2 Silver Dollars, 2 Plecos, 1 Angel, 4 Silver tipped sharks, 1 Striped raphael, 1 Red tailed shark, 1 Clown loach, 1 Chinese algae eater (all are adults except for angel & silver tipped sharks)
125 gal: 6 Mbuna cichlids, 1 Dinosaur eel, 1 Pleco, 1 Chinese Algae eater
29 gal: 8 Tiger barbs, 4 assorted tetras, 5 Corys, 1 Zebra loach, 1 YoYo Botia, 1 Skunk Botia, 1 Platy.

What issues will I run into if I were to combine all of these fish? I just don't have enough room for all of the tanks, but yet I don't want to get rid of any of my fish.

I'd think the cichlids will ruin everyone else's day...

I keep all of my tanks about the same. They would go into the 160 gal. I was going to create an area that only the small fish could get into.

The catfish and sharks in the 160 gal really need a tank that size for themselves. If you put anything else in with them, you would have severe overcrowding, and probably water quality issues down the road.

AFAIK, mbuna cichlids prefer hard water with a pH higher than 8. Angelfish and tetras prefer softer, more acidic water. Mbuna are also very aggressive and might terrorize the smaller fish.

Tiger barbs might shred up the angel's fins, while the angel might snack on the tetras when it matures.

I don't see how you could keep all these fish, even with a tank divider in the 160 gal. You may have to make some hard choices. :(

Thanks for the info. It is greatly appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom