War in my Tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Short of breaking out the chemical weapons, I have done everything to rid myself of pond and ramshorn snails! I tried lettuce and no feeding for 2 days but they didnt like the lettuce. I finally took all decor and plants out and washed them clean. I have sand that I vacuumedm (then my mom vacuumed it much much more aggresively) and I am still crushing them on the glass!!! So I am going to crush any and all I see and drop in an algae wafer (their favorite) and then pull it out when they cover it. Most of the sanils are to small for the assassins to pick up. Hopefully this works. I dont want to pull out sand and everything and start completely fresh...

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but IME, everything will have to be removed and boiled and cleaned and dried and cleaned again... snail problems are common.. maybe someone else with have some suggestions .. best of luck to you

Thanks. Hopefully I wont have to go that far ;(

rreekers said:
Not trying to be the bearer of bad news but IME, everything will have to be removed and boiled and cleaned and dried and cleaned again... snail problems are common.. maybe someone else with have some suggestions .. best of luck to you

You will never 100% rid your tank of them unless you do this ^^^ just keep squishing and catching them and eventually you will get the population under control.

hmmmm.... hopefully they will not be able to reproduce due to being to young? Then we can kill them all! I dont know just despise them!

And be careful to not overfeed your fish! I use my snails to let me know when I've been falling for the betta's "frantic swim of starvation" too often. When I don't overfeed, the snails all but disappear.

Reactions: HN1
ok. Im working on the over feeding lol In my defense it is hard to judge how much floating flake food pygmy cories eat lol

Back
Top Bottom