Was it a loach I saw at Petsmart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in a hurry, so didn't get a chance to look closely, but I noticed a yellow what looked like an eel or loach. Actually, it looked most like a kuhli loach to me, but I am not familiar with eels, so who knows? I didn't look at the name on the tank, but it's head was up a bit and it was looking around, not acting shy at all, and I know kuhli loaches tend to hide a lot, and I also have not seen them raise their heads as this one did. It was about 3 inches long, and about as big around as a pencil, and bright yellow. I wish now that I had looked at the name to see what it was. Any ideas? I can't find a pic online that looks just like it, as the pics I saw of Dojo loaches had whiskers, and this one did not. I really liked it, it appeared calm and not skittish. Would it work in a community 55 gallon tank with various fish? Also, can you give me a guess as to what it was? Thanks!

Try looking up a albino bichir and tell me if that's it or look up albino rope fish

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Thank all of you for helping out! Mudfrog, I went to the link, and sure enough, it's a Dojo Loach. Petsmart is having a sale now, so I want to get 3 of them for my 55. I just hope they aren't all gone yet. The sale is today through the 16th. Thanks again--they sound like real clowns!

Back
Top Bottom