water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He probably wants to fill his tank with unnecessary additions to the water.

It was just a thought coz my tap water is quite hard and has a bit or chlorine in it. Just wondered it bottled water was safe to put in without having to use a dechlorinator?

I have extremely hard water and it's fine, just use the dechlorinator. Do you realize how expensive using bottled water would get?

Some LFS sell water that you can fill your tank with. I have no clue about mineral water, but spring water should be fine-spring water eventually come from a tap ;) just make sure to cycle the water before looting fish in

I'll just stick to treated tap water then, was just curious if the bottled stuff woulda been better. Thanks for the info

If you're concerned about your tap water, and you want the best, get an RO/DI unit on Ebay for ~$100. That'll give you the most pure water, yet it's not necessary for FW... tap + dechlorinator is fine.

+1, just use dechlor. Bottled water doesn't have the essential minerals that the fish need, and who knows what leeches out of the plastic. Yuck.

Just pull it out of the tap and use dechlor, that way you can temperature match too. ;)

Shrimp, I am jealous that you live in Scotland, just thought I would throw that in there.

Back
Top Bottom