Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skeeter4158098

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my question is when I do a water change with my Aqueon sink water changer. I unplug my heater a Aqueon pro 150 heater set at 78 degrees and a fluval 306 filter and my air pump for my bubble bars. What I do is let the water flow through the changer in the sink to compare water temperature while it is draining at least 50% of my tank before I switch it to put the water back in. By the time it is done refilling and I plug everything back in it always seems like it is warmer after I do a change is this going to be a problem or is it fine?

Skeeter4158098 said:
So my question is when I do a water change with my Aqueon sink water changer. I unplug my heater a Aqueon pro 150 heater set at 78 degrees and a fluval 306 filter and my air pump for my bubble bars. What I do is let the water flow through the changer in the sink to compare water temperature while it is draining at least 50% of my tank before I switch it to put the water back in. By the time it is done refilling and I plug everything back in it always seems like it is warmer after I do a change is this going to be a problem or is it fine?

My tank often rises a degree or two after a pwc. Its definitely not a good thing if its going up like five degrees

Well I would say 2-5 but then it goes back down. To the touch. My theromenters dont show a difference though.

Use a part of your body that hasn't touched the water. I prefer the underside of my wrist. It will feel warmer to the touch if your skin has adjusted to the temp. I have 82 out of tap water in Florida. I can't get it any colder this time of year, but my tank runs at 80 so I don't sweat it. If I stick my arm in the tank, it feels cool. I go over to my bathtub and turn the water on, and it feels warm.. like 90+ warm (even though it's 82). My pool sits at 86 and is refreshing to jump into at first, but once I get used to it then it feels warm to me.

Back
Top Bottom